I decided to chop my hair off. Why? I don't really know. I liked my long hair. It was easy to manage. I was used to it. Adam liked it. Just a few dead ends needed to be taken off and the layers cleaned up. I think I just wanted something different. I thought about short hair, but it made me a little nervous.
Quick story: When I was in fifth grade I went through this phase where I wanted to look like my mom. I don't know that I really wanted to look like my mom, but I just wanted to look more grown up. I was in that akward transition stage where your arms are too long and your nose is too big and you have to start using face wash. I realized that I didn't look like a little girl anymore, but I didn't know how to present myself as a teenager. So, I went for the next closest thing...my mom. I wore her clothes that were too big for me (Looking back I now realize that she must have known that I was adding to the problem rather than helping it...I was also probably too stubborn to listen to her when she told me it didn't look good). Well, she cut her hair short, and I got the crazy notion that I needed to do the same thing. BIG MISTAKE! First off, I remember that the lady who cut my hair was still kind of learning. As she butchered my mane, another one hovered over her attempting (but failing) to fix her mistakes. I came out of there with a haircut looking more like my dad's than my mom's. To top it all off, I was going through that akward stage, remember? That means I didn't have a very feminine body yet. The worst day was the one when a kid a few years younger than me asked, "Are you a boy or a girl???" Talk about DEVESTATING!
So, to this day I have been terrified of cutting my hair short. I told Adam my predicament, and he assured me that if I cut my hair short I would still look like a female. I wasn't entirely convinced. Luckily, I really trust Jamie who cuts my hair. Bless her heart, but she had to go through two weeks of me emailing her pictures and asking her questions before I finally made up my mind to go short.
I did it. I don't think I look like a boy. And I like it.
Here are pictures from before the change
I donated the hair I cut off to Locks of Love, so that was exciting. Also, these pictures aren't the best because I had to take them myself since Adam is at school. And please, don't ask me if I'm a boy or girl! ;)
18 comments:
Good news, you DEFINITELY look like a girl. I almost died from anticipation while scrolling down to see your haircut.
I'm going through the same sort of thing. I'm about ready to cut my hair off for Locks of Love. Way to be brave! It looks great!
Laura it looks so good! I love it. That is such an in hair style now and you look hot!!
SOOOOO cute! I have always wanted to cut my hari short, but I have crazy curly hair and I am worried that if I did, I would end up having an affro! You look great! I love the cut! You could pull off anything, I'm sure!
Hey it looks great!
Laura...you look so stylish and sophisticated! I think you look just gorgeous! With a face like yours, I really do not think there is a haircut that would not look great on you.
Only one question...What will Charlotte grab now?
Holy Moly Change!! Good for your girl. I would never be able to pull off a cut like that. It looks great on you!
I love it! You look like a rockstar for real and FINE, I guess you can be in my band!
Your hair looks AWESOME!!! I always say,"Long hair is pretty but short hair is SASSY" ;) And who doesn't want to be sassy??? Charlotte is beautiful by the way, I love looking at your pics of her:) ~Deb Mtn.
I LOVE it! Sorry I missed institute tonight. Matt had to be somewhere for 10:00 and I wasn't sure if I would be back in time. Anyway enough of that. You look so awesome. Very cute and sassy.
Beautiful!!! You look great! I am so glad it worked out better for you then for me. RIght after I had Ender (our 4-yr-old) I chopped off my hair, and it was horrible! After that I did not cut my hair again until about 6 months ago. Yours is so cute though that I might reconsider going really short again (not that it would look as good as your does)!
you look like a model! it is GORGEOUS!!!! i wish I could pull that off...
I am SO jealous that you can pull off that kind of cut. I sure can't. But you look AMAZING!!
I am shocked!!! I definitely did not expect those before and after pictures!! It looks so good!
Your hair looks GREAT!! You are so brave- I could never do that. I think it is awesome that you donated the hair to Locks of Love.
WHOA! I love it! I thought at first it would be one of those Mommy hair cuts, BUT it SO isn't! I will say! That was so brave of you! I am absolutely terrified of cutting my hair short. I commend you for your courage! It's so great!
Oh Laura, I love it!!! I am really scared now. Every time I see a darling short cut like that I feel myself getting pulled into wanting to cut mine off as well. Your face is so beautiful, no one and I mean NO ONE could mistake you for a boy. Love you much.
This is such a funny story about you in 5th grade, because that was me in 4th grade!!! And I've never cut my hair short since then! But seeing how cute you look, maybe I'll give it a go!
I love your new cut!
thank you for donating your hair.
Post a Comment