Friday, May 2, 2008

(Un)Forgettable

"I thought this was pleasant, but forgettable." -Simon Cowell

This is NOT another post about American Idol! This post happens to be about my husband...who apparently finds me "forgettable!" Yesterday Adam had a final from 3-5 pm and then a lab practical at 6 pm. Since I ride the bus home, we decided I'd get off at the stop closer to his school around 5:40 pm so he could pick me up and then I'd drop him back off at the school and have the car.

Well, I got off the bus and didn't see Adam or the car anywhere. I thought he might be running a little late, but doubted it since he had to get back to school before six. I called his cell...no answer...his phone is turned off. I called my friend Amber and asked her to give her husband a call (he goes to school with Adam) to see if he could track him down. She got no answer as well. So, she offers to drop everything she's doing to come and pick me up from the bus stop to take me home.

I am really rather amused at this point and not mad because he has obviously forgotten me since he hasn't left me a message or tried to call. I think, "I haven't even crossed his mind, and he is going to feel so bad." Poor guy!

An hour and a half later I get a call from him (I'm safely home by this point), and I pretend I have no idea who he is or what he's talking about. Again, I'm not mad, but why not have a little fun with the situation, right??? Finally, I told him I was safe at home. The cute guy got down on his knees and begged for forgiveness when he got home...it was really funny! This story can definitly be used for my advantage in the future! Hehe!

11 comments:

Jodi said...

I am glad you made it home ok. I love that you will use this story to your advantage. That is what I would do. Tell him he owes you a date and flowers.

Randee Mecham said...

Ok if that ever happens again call me I work across the street from the school and could totally give you a ride whenever! Amazing that you're pregnant and you were able to stay that calm.

Amber said...

I'm glad you made him pay a little bit!!! Poor guy, he even called me and apologized, haha

Amber said...

sorry... one more comment. I love the Boy Meets World comment on the side of your blog! It is so perfect and so describes the Patty-Nelson relationship! :)

Rachel Holloway said...

That is so funny!! Though, I have been known to forget people sometimes too--yikes!

Glad you made it home! :)

Cassie said...

Jonny talked to Adam like the next day and he still felt bad! I was cracking up! For some reason I was not surprised though. I'm glad you have good friends out there that will pick up the slack for your husband....tisk tisk Adam.

Sarah said...

Awww...poor thing. Good idea to use it against him in the future. LOL j/k Matt slept through my phone call the morning after I had Kaia. He was suppose to come get us. I had to call my mom to go and wake him! LOL He felt HORRIBLE!

Heidi said...

You took that so well!!! I wouldn't have been so gracious at your age! It took me years to learn how to use stuff like that in my favor.

Karen Nelson said...

I am sorry to say that airheadedness runs rampant in our family!!!!

Charlissa said...

That is such an Adam thing to do. He got the airyness from our mother. She used to forget me too when I was in elementary school. I would call her at home and then she would say "Oh yeah I'm coming right now" At least she answered the phone.

The Bald Eagle said...

It's not fair that women remember and catalog all those sort of things, and the next similar event or heated/hurtful discussion seems to bring each and EVERY one of those recorded events back to instant recall with all the accompanying emotion and such to fuel the fire of the current situation. And men forget all those sort of things until they are hit with them all again all at once and ask the question, "what are you talking about?" or "Where did that come from and what does it have to do with right now?". And whether it has anything at all to do with the here and now doesn't really matter, it just helps to make things worse, strengthening the position of the woman and undercutting the position of the clueless man.