
Last night we got together with our friends, Dan and Amber Patty and Tyson and Lauren Fiala, to make gingerbread houses. It was so much fun that I decided making gingerbread houses was going to be a family tradition for us!
Note: Yes, Adam's thumb nail is painted a green/yellow color. I have NOTHING to do with this. He does it on his own accord whenever we go to the grocery store. If you have any questions, please speak with Dan Nelson!

This is a back shot of my gingerbread house. I would put a back shot of Adam's on here, but his looked the same on both sides. As you can tell from the picture of him and his creation, we're not really sure what Adam built. This makes me nervous, and I decided that we will never build our own home.
There were a lot of creative juices flowing and it was fun to see what everyone came up with. Here's a fun picture with the whole group and our houses...

For our friends and family who live far away...these are our friends, Amber and Dan Patty. Poor Dan had a bit of trouble with the skyscraper gingerbread building he was making. It collapsed during the building of the fourth floor. What your seeing in the picture below is the remains of his project. His is the second one to the left in the picture above.

We hung out for the first time last night with Tyson and Lauren Fiala (below). They were a lot of fun, and we hope to do more with them! They both had great gingerbread houses, although Tyson's was really impressive with his two story home.

7 comments:
Looks like tons of fun! We love to do gingerbread houses too!!!
That was fun!!! We decided to make it a tradition too! =)
I love Adam's Gingerbread house, and I think it is an excellent model for a real house. It's like the modern mobile home; instead of wheels, it has airplane wings, so you're not limited to moving your beloved home somewhere in the mainland. You could move to Australia if you wanted to! Of course, this is all assuming that my presumption about the airplane wings is correct. BTW, I really liked you last post! Being half a country away from you made the wedding seem kind of sudden (not that I thought that it wasn't well thought-out; I know you well enough to know that you would never marry without prudence) and it's nice to read about the part that I missed.
That was so much fun and so great to get to know you and Adam. We will need to hang out more! You had the cutest little snowman in front of your house! I loved it!!
You know Laura I didn't even notice Adam's greenish thumb nail until you said something about it, and I started to die laughing. I can't believe that that habit of my dad's was passed on.
What a fun tradition! Your making me want to go out and get all the stuff to make them for our date night on Friday.
Looks like you guys had a blast!
Post a Comment