Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Becoming "Free," I mean "Three"

J turned three this past week. He pronounces three as "free." He has been so excited to get bigger so that he can walk beside the cart at the store instead of ride in it. When he woke up on his birthday morning the first thing he asked me was,"Can I walk now?" I couldn't say no. Too bad turning three doesn't make him magically stay right next to me the entire time we're at the store. I have a feeling I will be giving him lots of reminders.
We had a little family party for him on Saturday night. He chose hot dogs, salad and chips for his birthday dinner.
 Daddy made J's birthday cake this year. For months he has been asking for a new Lightning McQueen car. He has lost the 5 other ones that he's owned. He is obsessed with the Cars movies and toys. He plays with his cars all of the time, but it's just not the same without Lightning McQueen. I'm not sure what happened to the other ones he has had because we never let him take his toys anywhere. I keep waiting for the day we find a Lightning burial ground. Anyhow...Daddy made him a race track cake to put his new car on.




 There was no theme to the party, but there probably should have been since almost all the presents he got were Jake and the Pirates toys (another favorite of his). He loved getting all the new characters to play with.

It was a fun birthday for him. This kid brings so much joy into my life as well as adventure. Like when he swallowed a penny last night! He never ceases to amaze me with the things he says and what he does!

4 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

What a cute guy! HAPPY BIRTHDAY to him! :) And super cute cake!

Mary Partridge Brassell said...

So cute! Johnny has been really in pirates lately too! Its so random to me- but so cute! Wish we lived close and our kids could play!

Jessica said...

I can't believe Jonas is 3!! He looks so grown up and is so handsome! Looks like he had a fun little party. Love his cake...nice work Adam.

Jenny G said...

He is so super cute! His smile with those dimples is killer. Wow, already three...