Thursday, August 29, 2013

One-on-One

With Charlotte being back in school, I have gotten in some good "Mommy and Jonas" time which I am extremely grateful for. I have to confess that the night before Charlotte went to Kindergarten I had a little"life didn't turn out quite as I planned" breakdown. It was really teeny-tiny with just a few tears falling...no sobs or anything. After Jonas was born when I was in the throes of hormones and sleepless nights I announced that I was done having children. Two was all I could handle to be a sane mom. As life settled down, and I got into the groove of two kids I thought, "I'll have another one right before Charlotte goes to Kindergarten." I figured that would give me no more than two kids at home during the day, and I could handle that. that had been my plan for a few years.
So, here it was the night before kindergarten, and I realized that it was just going to be me and Jonas at home all day. I love Jonas, and it wasn't disappointment about spending time with him that I was feeling. It was more just disappointment that I don't have another child yet.
During the past few days of us at home together, I have become grateful for this time that I have alone with him. I still want more children, but it has been neat to have the kind of one-on-one time with him that I had with Charlotte when she was a baby. I never really had that with him before. Charlotte was in pre-k last year, but it was always during the busiest part of my day and not really long enough to do anything with him.
It has been fun doing activities together (like playing with shaving cream) that we normally don't do because he is playing with his sister.

I am so grateful that Heavenly Father sent me this boy, and that he has given me some special time just with him! I know that I am always going to look back on this time with joy and gratitude for the lessons he has taught me and the memories we've made.

No comments: