Monday, August 26, 2013

Hello Kindergarten!

Charlotte started Kindergarten today. She was "a little bit excited and a little bit nervous. Excited to go, but nervous because it's all day." She wasn't sure she'd be okay away from me for that long. (I wonder if we feel the same way before we come to Earth...Anyway...)
She is going to the same elementary school that her daddy went to, and I think that is pretty neat.  All of his siblings went there too. When I was standing at the school waiting to pick her up afterward with Jonas and a girl I babysit sitting in a stroller a man said, "Well, you're going to be doing your part to keep this school busy over the next few years aren't you?" Instead of telling him that only one of the kids was mine I thought about how Charlotte is the 6th Nelson to go to this school and that if her cousins don't move in the next two years then there will be a total of 9 children from our family to have attended that school. I think that is kind of cool.
The report that came back from her at the end of the day was a positive one. She loved school, and she was so busy that she didn't even notice that she was gone from me all day.

2 comments:

Mary Partridge Brassell said...

That is so sweet. I can't believe she is so grown up!

Emily and Seth said...

Gosh, it's gone by so fast! I remember when she was born, although it sees like ages ago, it's amazing those years have just passed away! Charlotte is a mini you, with a little Adam mixed in :) so glad she enjoyed her first day!