Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter

I am super glad Daddy didn't get called into work on Saturday while we were coloring Easter eggs.  J was so fun to watch color the eggs, but I'm pretty sure it would have been a disastrous event had there not been two adults to watch/help/control him.  Even with the both of us helping he managed to crack two of our eggs.  Oh well...that's why we hard boil them, right?

So why two of almost the exact same picture?  Because they make me laugh.  Little Miss is still going through that awkward smile stage.  At least we hope it's a stage.  If not, we're not even bothering with hiring a photographer for her wedding!  I kid.  I told her a week ago to pull her cheeks up when she smiles to avoid the wide mouth grimace she's been making.  Well, doing that made her eyes disappear so I suggested she tries to make her eyes wide too.  And we get the crazed look. Haha!  I keep waiting for her to snarl.

I didn't get too many good pictures of Easter morning.  Those kids were quick with finding eggs.

C thought it was hilarious that the bunny hid an egg in my plant.  Do you like how she is wearing pajama pants over her jammies?  It's not that cold.  She's really into layering her clothing these days.  She has to have at least one thing layered in each of her outfits.  She thinks it's really cool.
J got his first set of Hot wheels.  They were long overdue.  I wish I had gotten them months ago.  Now whenever he gets into something he shouldn't I just say, "Where are your cars?" and he abandons all mischief.  I'm really hoping they don't lose their magical powers!
 Here's a picture of C all ready for church.  I didn't get one of brother.  We get him dressed 2 seconds before we leave so that his clothes are clean for church.  Daddy was also at work that morning so between me scrambling to gather props for Primary singing time, printing off papers, cleaning up lunch and getting the kids out the door, taking pictures wasn't very high on my list.  We can't do everything, right?
C sang "Jesus Has Risen" in Sacrament meeting for Easter (along with the other Primary children), and she was beaming about it all day.  Oh how I hope I can keep that enthusiasm and confidence a part of her as she grows up. 

Hope you had a happy Easter as well!

6 comments:

Brit said...

so cute! i love that smile!! and love how you talk about your day to day mom tasks, it kinda actually makes me wanna be one, and that's hard to do!

Jessica said...

Haha...love Charlotte's cheesy smile..it's the best.

Cassie said...

I couldnt help laughing about her smiles also! I love the pics. Makes me miss you guys more.

Mary Partridge Brassell said...

Haha, I laughed outloud at those pictures! She is so cute. I kept scrolling back up to look at them- haha, too funny. I can just picture Jonas going through a cupboard and stopping to go play with cars, so cute.

Cassie said...

Ummmm....are you sitting on the booster seat? Cause I really cant tell if you are, but I see the seat behind you...(;

Karen said...

Oh how I love those smiles! Easter looks like it was wonderful in your home! Did you make Charlotte's dress? Oh and in the picture of Charlotte in her Easter dress...her smile and eyes look perfect!