Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Cassie and Kids Came for a Visit

I have four brothers.  None of them are married yet.  I have no sisters.  Luckily, Adam does have two sisters.  It was nice to automatically inherit sisters when I married Adam.  We tend to run pretty parallel lives with his sister Cassie and her family.  We married within a year of each other, had our first babies (girls) within 6 weeks of each other, and our second babies (boys) within months of each other.  It's really fun.  She came up to visit at the end of January with her two kids (we're sad her hubby had to stay home to play video games and golf, work).  It was a really neat trip too because Adam and I hadn't met our only nephew yet.  He's so dang cute!  He started walking while he was here...I think he wanted to keep up with the bigger kids.

Their first full day together the girls picked out their outfits.  Mimi gave them both shirts a few months ago and they insisted on wearing them the same day.  It was really cute.  They were really silly together!
We had lots of fun while they were here.  We visited the Lake Erie Nature and Science Center.  Jonas and Hailey loved it.  Charlotte wanted nothing to do with the reptiles.

Hailey got to play in snow for the first time.
Jonas and Emmett reorganized my pantry daily.
Right before Hailey was about to leave I found the girls upstairs with these on their heads pretending to be robots.
It was so enjoyable to have them visit for a week!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

How FUN! Good for you for making these fantastic memories. Every baby is so adorable. I really enjoyed the pictures; thank you so much for posting them!

Cassie said...

Hailey looked at that last picture and said, "Are those cute girls saying, 'All systems A-OK'?" Such an awesome pic!

Karen said...

I just saw these tonight for the first time and they are absolutely darling! Oh, I really do have the cutest grandchildren upon the face of the universe! I am so happy they spent time together bonding!