I attempted to make gingerbread this year. It was a complete failure. I don't know if gingerbread is even considered to be difficult to make or if I was just too impatient with it's very sticky dough. I'm beginning to think it was more of the latter. I made six cookies. The rest of the dough went into the trash wrapped up in the wax paper it instisted upon being stuck to. I don't know how people are patient enough to make houses out of this stuff!
We did make graham cracker houses this year though. Here's a picture of Charlotte and her little friend Kassidy with their decorated houses.
I'm pretty sure C licked every piece of candy before sticking it on her house. Jonas made a little hut, but didn't want to decorate it. Typical guy. Then he ate the graham crackers...
3 comments:
Cute picture!
Gingerbread cookies/houses can be tricky. The secret is letting the dough chill long enough. I've also found that my vintage recipes are much better than newer ones that have come out recently.
I hope y'all have a Merry Christmas!
Those are some nice houses! It looks like they had a lot of fun. Oh and I don't know a lot about gingerbread but if you can't make it then I know I couldn't! Hopefully, you will have better luck next year.
Missed doing gingerbread houses this year. Dang it! Did enjoy decorating cookies though.
Post a Comment