Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve is when our family does the special dinner.  I love a ham at Christmas, but Adam's Christmas "bonus" was a turkey this year so that's what we had instead.  I'm assuming it's what we'll be having for the remainder of residency as well. The menu also included hot potato casserole, cheesy broccoli, dinner rolls, and sparkling cider. We always have a candlelight dinner on Christmas Eve.  I completely forgot to get candle holders so I floated tealights in our glasses instead.  We're all about high class in our home!  :)

So, I really wanted a cute picture of Charlotte and Jonas together by the Christmas tree.  Charlotte loved the idea, and Jonas hated it.  He gets really bugged these days if C tries to hug him or hold his hand.
I had to bribe them by letting them hold presents.
After that we acted out the Nativity and then opened some presents.  New jammies!

 This hugging scene keeps repeating itself!
We give the kids a new Christmas book to open and read on Christmas Eve each year right before we send them off to bed!  We tucked them in tight, and they were out much quicker than I thought they would be.

3 comments:

Allison and Boyd said...

Aww, this looks like fun! Hope you guys had a merry Christmas!

Jenny G said...

I love the idea of a candle lit dinner. I'm really I hoping I remember next year. Sally got almost the exact same jammies only hers is a penguin instead of santa. Cute!

Karen said...

Love these pics! Wow...Charlotte looks pretty gorgeous! So grown up! And Jonas looks more and more like his Daddy everyday!
Especially love seeing the Christmas jammies!!!