Sunday, August 7, 2011

Charly-Bean is Three!

Saturday our little lady had her 3rd birthday.  It seems so strange to me that I have a three-year-old.  I came across a great deal at a yard sale on a play kitchen that I just couldn't pass up.  It was a big hit...she's been playing with it non-stop for the past 2 days.  She was so excited to open all her presents in the morning.  Gotta love that hair in her face!
A couple months ago I asked C what kind of birthday party she wanted.  After a little thought, she informed me that she wanted a strawberry party.  I thought it was just a whim, but when I asked her a few weeks later what kind of party she wanted (I thought for sure I would get a differet response.), she replied, "Ugh, I already told you Mom, I want a strawberry party. "  Well, I guess that settles it then!  Oh, and when did the attitude show up?



We were looking through some old pictures a while ago, and she saw a picture of her going to another birthday party in a tutu that we borrowed from a friend.  She excitedly asked me if she could wear a tutu to her birthday party, and I just couldn't resist.  So, I made her one.  She was feeling pretty silly when I tried to get a picture of her.  She was pretty excited about it being her birthday...





 She had four of her little friends come over to help celebrate.  She was in heaven!


8 comments:

Jeremy, Lana, Brenna ,Mason, Owen and Sadie said...

What a cute tutu! You'll have to share how you made it sometime! And the big 3 year old girl wearing it is really cute too! Can't believe our babies are so big!

Sue said...

So, so, so, so, cute! Very creative decorations, and I can't believe Charlotte is 3. Where does time go?
Sue

Tien Frogget said...

Your daughter is so adorable!! I love the stuff she says, she cracks me up. :) By the way you did an amazing job with the decorations!! Those are so cute. You can tell you put a lot of effort into making them. You are so creative and have such a good eye for putting stuff together and making it beautiful! Your kids are so spoiled to have you as a mom! <3

mini-wheats said...

I can't believe she is 3! That is how old the kid I nanny is! It is such a fun age! I love/hate the attitude they have at this age, but its great to see more of their personality and there is so much more humor! Looks like she had a great birthday!

Sarah said...

I LOVE her party decorations! Strawberries? What an adorable idea, Charlotte! Her tutu is so cute! You did a great job Laura. Happy Birthday Charlotte!

Cassie said...

Looks so fun and so cute!!! You really are awesome! You should some help me next month with Hailey's bday

Karen Nelson said...

I second everything everyone else has said previous to my comment!!
Laura you really made her birthday so special. She will always remember this special day! And,as a grandma...I am SO very thankful that you took and posted so many pictures of her party and just her being her lovable, darling self! And most thankful of all that you are such a great mother in every way! I just love you!! I hope Charlotte got our gifts. Give her lots of hugs and kisses from us please!!!!

Alison said...

I love it - Chess had a strawberry theme, too! I guess it is a popular berry for 3 year olds. Your tutu looks so much poofier and cuter than any I've made - what tutorial did you use?