A couple days ago I had a conversation with Charlotte that left me a little bit amazed with her brain. We were walking out of Giant Eagle around 4:40pm, and it went like this:
Charlotte: Mom, let's go to that place were we go down like this (makes a sliding motion).
Mom: The park?
Charlotte: No, it's by our house.
Mom: You want to use Aiden's slide? (Aiden is our neighbor)
Charlotte: No, you eat food there and play things. (She's clearly frustrated by now and using a tone to let me know that).
Mom: I don't know where you're talking about.
Charlotte: I'll show you on the way home.
So we get in the car and start driving.
Charlotte: I think we already passed it.
Mom: Burger King?
Charlott: No, that place (pointing)
Mom: Oh, McDonalds (We've never taken her there.)
Charlotte: Yeah, McO'donalds. Let's go there now.
Mom: No, we need to go home because I am making taco salad for dinner.
Charlotte: Well, I want to go there. If we don't go there I will be mad and cry.
Mom: You can choose to act that way, but we're still not going there right now. We're eating dinner at home.
Charlotte: I have an idea. Daddy can take me to McO'donalds. Would that be fine?
Mom: No, I am making dinner. We're eating at home.
Charlotte: Well, I will ask Daddy.
Mom: That's fine, but he's going to say no.
There is a period of silence. I think she's forgotten all about it until we pull up to our place. Then she says,
"Let me talk to Daddy first, mom. Okay?"
I was pretty amazed with how she set up her argument and she did NOT give up. We ate dinner at home that night, but went to McO'donalds for Family Home Evening refreshement and activity.
4 comments:
Not just a pretty face Mom... smart cookie that one! Prepare now.
Oh yeah! If she's thinking that far ahead already at the age of two, you're going to have to be on your toes and on your game all the time to keep up with her or keep ahead. Better hope she doesn't develop a "mean" streak.
LOL! She's good!
hahaha!!! That is so funny! Caity is ALWAYS asking to go the "the yellow M"...Charlette is so cute.
Post a Comment