This morning we went strawberry picking at Rittman Orchards. It is Adam's last day before he begins residency. We have loved him being around so much and are sad about going back to "real life." At the same time, it will be a good season in our lives, and we're looking forward to what the next three years will bring. I was glad that he was able to come with us this morning to gather some yummy strawberries.
Really, he did most of the picking. I was SO excited to take Charlotte. I thought she would love it. On the way to the orchards we told her we were going to pick strawberries on a farm. She didn't believe us. Adam told her all about how they grow in the dirt. She started laughing and said, "Mom, do strawberries really grow in the dirt." I told her they did. Her response was, "No, that would be yucky. They grow in boxes at the store." We explained all about plants and how they grow and eventually someone puts them in boxes at the store. So, after that I was even more excited to take her. Well, her enthusiasm lasted about three minutes. She picked probably 5 strawberries and then she wanted Daddy to fill the rest of her bucket. I think her face in the next picture says it all. On our way home we asked if she had fun. She quickly replied, "Yes, but next time let's just get strawberries in a box at the store." Looks like she's gonna be a city girl.
Jonas was really good. He stayed right beside Adam at first and once he mustered up a little courage to explore on his own there was no stopping him. He truly understood the joys of berry picking.
Some of our bounty from today. Can't wait to turn these into jam because I eat a pb&j almost every day.
2 comments:
Oh my gosh, your kids are so cute!! Charlotte is hilarious, she cracks me up. And you have an excellent eye for photo-taking, by the way. Your pictures are wonderful! :)
Ahhh, a girl after my own heart! I adore the look on her face in the pic where she is looking at the strawberry. I laughed for so long because I know what kind of thoughts are going through her head!
LOVE those kiddos!!
Post a Comment