Sunday, June 19, 2011

Dad, I've been watching you...

Every night Jonas sits by Adam, and Adam feeds him.  Most nights, he eats what we're having for dinner now.  The transition from baby food has been a little difficult with this child...he's pickier than Charlotte was.  Tonight he was throwing a slight fit at the dinner table.  He was acting like he was still hungry, but kept pushing away what Adam was offering.  Jonas kept making impatient noises.  Adam was getting impatient because we couldn't figure out what he wanted.  Adam took a drink.  Jonas made his "Da, da, da" sound that he always  makes to let us know he wants something.  So, Adam gave him a drink.  Jonas accepted.  Then Adam took a bite of his ribs.  Again, Jonas said, "da, da, da."  So Adam tried giving him a taste.  He ate it.  Adam took a bite of watermelon.  Again, "da, da, da."  Adam gave him another piece of ribs, and Jonas pushed it away.  All of a sudden Adam made the connection..."Jonas wants to eat what I'm eating."  Sure enough, we gave him a taste of watermelon, and he was happy.  For the rest of dinner it went this way...whatever Adam took a bite of, Jonas wanted a bite of it next.  This little guy already wants to be just like his daddy!
I think he's a great example to follow.  I'm so grateful for what a wonderful father Adam is.  I couldn't ask for a better one for my children.  He loves them so much, and they know it!

4 comments:

Karen Nelson said...

LOVE this post! Thanks Laura for keeping us all up to date with your beautiful family. We love ya'll so much!

Sarah said...

Cute! I love the "da,da,da". I think Adam is a good dad too. He has a way with kiddos. I know mine all love him.

Tien Frogget said...

Soooo cute!!! :D

Cassie said...

Cute story! Love the drinking glasses btw! ;)