Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Kicking off Summer

This past weekend we went camping with some friends to officially begin summer.  It has been SO rainy here all spring.  There was a chance it would rain this weekend, but we went anyway...hoping our boldness would deter Mother Nature.  It didn't.  We saw rain for about an hour on Friday evening, and it left our campsite a muddy mess.  We still had fun though (I'm sure for Charlotte the mud made it more fun).
We celebrated a birthday.

We played with built a fire.

We set up our tent.
We relaxed.



We played.
And we got really dirty.

I think everyone had a great time eating the yummy food, having good conversation and enjoying nature (except Jonas).  He was a grump.

1 comment:

James & Tara Huish said...

Looks like so much fun! And I can't believe how big your kids are getting. Unreal. I'm so glad you're doing your residency here! Let's do try to get together! Hope you're doing good!

Oh, and P.S - You can tell Allison she's not supposed to look that beautiful when she's camping. Disgusting:)