Does anyone have a spray bathroom cleaner that they LOVE? I've tried a few different ones, but haven't found any I really like. Either the smell is too harsh, or I feel like it's not disinfecting. I'm sick of trying new ones that are a disappointment. I end up using them until they're finished because I hate wasting money. HELP!
7 comments:
CLR bathroom/kitchen cleaner, though I rarely use it in my kitchen. I don't know that I will ever use anything else ever again. I get the spray option in the yellow bottle. In fact, I just got back from Target where I bought some. Good luck!
Laura, I really really like Soft Scrub. Although it has bleach in it. I think it makes my bathroom shine.
Hey Laura, My mom can't use commercial cleaners because of the smells so we have used homemade ones. My favorite is half rubbing alcohol, half distilled water, with 3-4 drops of Dawn (although you could probably use any dish soap). You can use the cleaner on any hard surface, glass, granite, stainless steel, etc and it disinfects really well. There is a slight rubbing alcohol smell when you use it but it goes away pretty quick.
Another one that is good for the bathroom is half distilled vinegar, half distilled water. It's good for light mildew (like the pink stuff around the faucet). The only problem is it smells like vinegar, which I can't stand, although the smell goes away quickly. You can use it on any surface besides natural granite.
Hope this has helped. By the way, your daughter is the cutest thing! I have loved reading your blog and seeing what you are up to.
Amy Bradford
Oh, and for soap scum in the shower just use a clarifying shampoo. I use Suave daily clarifying, it's cheap and smells good. (I have a bunch more tips but I'll leave you alone now.) :)
Amy
This is going to sound dorky...but...in middle school I did a soap scum science fair project. The experiment was to test different shower sprays on different black tiles with soap scum. I used black tiles so I could see the soap scum. Tilex won the test...I don't remember what other cleaning sprays I used but I remember that Tilex won...and that is what I have always used. I don't think it smells too strong either. If you are having trouble with mold...(I did in our rexburg apartment), my mom taught me that if you soak a paper towel with bleach and place it on the mold, then let it sit for 15 minutes...it will come right off. Just make sure you don't mix the bleach with ammonia based cleaner...supposedly that creates a bomb!
I LOVE Comet Spray gel (it does have a strong bleach smell, but I like that.) and Mr. Clean Magic Erasers for the bath tub. It is honestly the best combination. My tub shines when I am finished. I use the Target's brand of clorox wipes for the counter, back of toilet and toilet seat. I hope this helps.
The Works is an amazing cleaner for the tub and toilet but the smell may be too strong...
Post a Comment