Friday, October 9, 2009

Signing

Getting C to cooperate for a video or picture these days is nearly impossible. A few months ago I started teaching C how to sign with hopes that her yelling at me out of frustration would stop. It did, and I'm a much happier mom when I don't have a one-year-old shouting at me all day. I've recorded some of the signs she can do, but she is a little distracted through out the video. Also, "light" is one I had taught her that day...it just hadn't stuck yet.

As some of you may know, Adam was called as the primary chorister at our church. For a few minutes each Sunday he does music time with the 18 month to three year old kids. He takes C with him, and so she's started to catch onto the motions that go along with the songs. She's still a little rough around the edges, but I think it's cute. Um, for some reason I sing some of the wrong words to "popcorn popping." I'm not sure why...I do know the correct words.

9 comments:

stephanie said...

thats so good! I took sign language for 3 years and they say that kids learn how to sign faster then they learn to talk. I wanted to teach Ryker but never did. Adam does a great job at singing time...Ryker talks about it every Sunday!

Karen Nelson said...

wow, she is far better than I knew! Y'all have done such a great job of teaching her sign language. She has such a darling smile and I love those curls too. Hailey was in her high chair while I was listening to this and after it was over she was doing her hand motions for itsy bitsy spider. We have got to get these little ladies back together again very soon!

Charlissa said...

She is so smart! Good job teaching her the sign language. She is adorable too! Her curls are just precious.
It's ok if you sing the wrong words. Everyone does it every now and then.

Gina Shumway said...

Ok, this may seem stalker-ish, but I read your blog every time you post I swear. I always look for when you have cute videos of Charlotte because I think she is ADORABLE!! It makes me want to have a cute little girl right now!

Sarah Coyne said...

Good for you! We taught Hannah just a few of the basic signs (food, milk, more, sleep) and it seriously saved my sanity at this stage. Well done!!

Emily and Seth said...

That's great! I'm glad she doesn't shout at you as much. I am sure it is much more peaceful. We miss you guys! When are we going to hang out?

Lara said...

oh, so cute. I love when they can figure out how to sign. Oh, it makes life so much easier... she would probably like the "signing time" videos.

Karlene said...

Way too cute! She has the best Mommy and Daddy a girl could ask for. So do you want to fix my birthday dinner this week? Don't forget to talk with Daddy.

Amber said...

That is so great! I'm sure it helps a lot. I never had the patience for teaching Grace signing but it would've been helpful! :) Oh and I love that Adam is the primary chorister. That is just plain cool and I bet Charlotte loves to go with him!