Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Nine Months

Little Miss Charlotte has now been outside of me as long as she was inside of me! Let me just say that these past nine months went MUCH quicker than the ones when I was pregnant. I weighed her this morning and she now weighs 16.4 lbs. It was a rough estimate without much of an increase since last month. I promise we do feed her...lots! She loves to eat what Adam and I have on our plate. She'll eat the baby food we give her, but tries to get through it quickly so she can have what we're having for dinner. You can't see them in any of the pictures, but she now has 5 teeth (two on the bottom and three on top). Let me just say, that will all the teething that went on this last month I felt like I was an endless snot rag. Not fun!
C has learned how to pull herself up and loves to practice all day.
She prefers the army crawl still, but can crawl with her tummy of the floor if the occasion requires it. This past month she started dancing whenever a song comes on, even if she sitting in the shopping cart at the grocery store. She likes to "move it, move it!" I'm still trying to get a video of it.
Jabbering comes out of her mouth most of the day. When playing peek-a-boo, she says "buh" after I say "boo." I like to think she's attempting to say "boo," but most likely she isn't.
Something else of note from this past month is that she has become attached to a blanket. It's a must at nap time, if she gets hurt while attempting new things, while riding in the car or just for a plain recharge.
She's gotten so snuggly lately, and I will take every cuddle I can get!

5 comments:

Karen Nelson said...

Thanks for the great post! I love reading as much as I can about Charlotte since I do not get to see her often.
And she is beautiful! Really gorgeous! And so cute just standing there hanging on to the couch and cuddling with her silkie blankie.
And I am certain she is brilliant! All that stuff she can do and say...she is most definately brilliant.
Give her some hugs and kisses for her Mimi.

Alison said...

That first picture is so cute! I love when they start dancing and bouncing to the music. And, we have that same blanket, but Chess doesn't have any attachment objects for some reason. You'd better buy another one if they still make them!

Elder Nate Mountain said...

I love the close-up of her and blankie!!! All my kiddos have had a "blankie", matter of fact ALL my girls STILL sleep with them! I tease my 12 yr. old that I'll make it into a pillow for her after she gets married:) It's soooo nice to have a comfort item, especially when you have to be away from them!

Karlene said...

She gets more beautiful every day and the sparkle in her eyes makes me melt. You know you could say she's "the cats meow", just like her mommy. Remember? Love her so much and keep her in the cuddling mode so that I can get my fill next time I see her.

Seth and Emily said...

My goodness! What a beautiful child! It's no wonder because you and Adam are so good looking. I can't believe she's already 9 months!! Wow!