Adam and I decided to kick-off Autumn with a fun trip to a festival. Every year Mapleside Farm throws the Johnny Appleseed Festival to begin the season. I guess it's a pretty big deal around here that Johnny Appleseed brought apples to Ohio. Adam and I are still trying to figure out whether this guy really existed or if he's just a tall tale. Either way, we're really excited that they throw a festival every year in his honor because it is a great way to open up fall. We ate yummy apple butter BBQ pork sandwiches, apple fritters, and...nothing says fall like apple cider! There were a lot of booths with crafts and food. We also got to pet an alpaca...a cousin to the llama!
Our favorite part had to be the wagon ride through the apple orchards. During a small pause on our ride we found out that although horses have no problem pooping when they walk...they find it impossible to walk and pee. It was so funny to see the reaction of all the kids on the wagon ride when this happened! Nevertheless, it was still romantic going for an autumn hay ride with the love of my life!
Every time the season changes I think, "This is my favorite season!" Honestly though...autumn has to be my favorite. The other seasons had to grow on my before I enjoyed them so much. There is something about autumn though that reminds me of home and warmth. I don't know if its the warm yet vibrant colors of the leaves or if its the smell of cinnamon and apple, but this time of year always helps me to refocus on creating a home full of warmth and love.
3 comments:
Oooh, FUN! We'll have to do that next year! I LOVE the fall too. I just plugged in all my pumpkin spice wall flowers b/c I love the smells of cinnamon and pumpkin, yada yada, too!
Fall is my favorite time of year also! You guys look like you are doing great. We miss you
I can tell you that Jonny Appleseed is real! In second grade my teacher taught us all about him. That makes him real!!!
Post a Comment