
Tuesday began my exploration of the world of Dix & Eaton. I have taken a receptionist position with this PR firm and had the opportunity to begin this week. I get to work in downtown Cleveland in one of those tall buildings that looks so important. Coming from a family that stays as far away as possible from downtown "anywhere," I never really expected to work in such a building. I seem to have suddenly fallen into my Dad's world, and it's been quite the experience. When I was a little girl daydreaming about the future, I never quite envisioned a world of paperwork, networking, codes, computers, lunch breaks, attempting to climb the business ladder, and dress slacks. While the "start of something new" (that phrase can never be said or typed without the High School Musical song popping into my head) has been very stressful (not a big surprise since I'm great at making everything more stressful than it needs to be), I have loved every minute of it and feel like I can't soak it up quickly enough. I love being needed and having responsibilities towards others. I feel so blessed to be working for a company that is so willing to help out and be open to new ideas. I have never worked in a place where others have been so eager to reach out towards me and immediately made me feel like part of the team. I have been pleased with the relaxed, but productive environment and feel like it is somewhere where I will be able to develop talents and skills as well as assist others in doing the same. This job is a huge blessing in my life right now, and I am grateful for all the help and support I've received in pursuing it.
5 comments:
I'm so glad you enjoy and are comfortable at your new job. It makes a huge difference!
They are SO lucky to have you. You are such a positive influence on those around you.
And I can fully understand the stress involved in learning a new job!! You will do great!
It's fun to read what's going on with the two of you along with catching up with phone calls. The pictures of your home are fun, quite a bit different from your move in conditions. Good colors!
Man you guys are one sexy hot couple!!!
I hope things are going just as well now that a month has passed. So downtown Cleveland huh?! Wow- what an experience.
Post a Comment