Friday, June 8, 2012

Not Your Normal Naptime

I keep my kids on a pretty steady schedule.  They wake up around seven (okay, they wake up at 6 or 6:30, but I don't let them out of their beds till 7), go down for a nap between 12:30 and 1, and go to bed between 8 and 8:30pm.  Even when they were babies, nap times were pretty consistent. 
After lunch today the kids were playing for a few minutes while I was taking care of some things.  I went back to the kids bedroom to find J so we could read some book before naps.  Melt my heart when I saw this:
Little boy had fallen asleep before nap time on the floor with his Thomas train close at hand.  Since I keep them on a consistent schedule I don't really find my kids asleep on the floor.  I've always secretly wanted to find my kid asleep mid-playing...I've felt like it's some kind of motherhood milestone.  Not really sure why.
I usually wipe down his face after I change his diaper.  We didn't even get to that point.  I'm loving his little peanut butter cheeks!

1 comment:

Mary Partridge Brassell said...

That is so cute! I love that the Thomas train is just outside his grip- so darling!