Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter

My mom always made holidays really fun growing up.  There were a lot of traditions, and she went out of her way to make sure we created a lot of happy memories.  I'm not as awesome as my mom, but I am trying to be better about doing things that will create good memories for my children.  Charlotte is 2, but this is technically her first time celebrating Easter. I figured I better "hop to it" this year and make it fun.
Earlier in the week we had Kaia come over to make Easter bunny baskets.  It was so fun, but we're a little sad because Kaia is moving across the country next month.
Charlotte made a basket for her and for Jonas.

We had an Easter egg hut at church Friday morning.  Little Miss loved looking for the eggs and was even more happy when she realized there was candy inside of them.  This girl is a candy junkie!
My friend's family makes Resurrection Rolls for Easter.  I loved this idea because I feel like it's a great way to teach the kids about the reason we celebrate Easter.  Charlotte had fun with this and was completely amazed when we opened the roll and the marshmallow was gone!
We colored eggs.

Sunday morning Charlotte got to find the eggs we had colored and her Easter basket.  She also helped little brother discover what was in his basket.  We tried to get a good picture of them together, but there was just too much excitement going on.  This is the best we got.

5 comments:

Karlene said...

Ahhh, I forgot all about making those Easter baskets, what a sweet memory. I'm so glad you have your own children to enjoy the holidays with...it always makes it sweeter. Man, Jonas is getting so big, I think he's going to pass his sister soon.

Em T said...

I am filing away those rolls for later. Thanks for sharing.

And, as usual, the little ones are so very cute:)

Rachel Holloway said...

It looks like you are starting and carrying on so many wonderful traditions of your own! (which means I think you are just as cool as you say your momma is! :) You have such beautiful kiddos!

Sarah said...

I think you are an awesome mom! Thank you so much again for inviting us over. We are going to continue to make those baskets. Although, it won't be the same without you guys next year. It is going to be hard to move.

Mary Partridge Brassell said...

So cute!