Friday, February 12, 2010
Apron Strings
Yesterday I needed to bake a dessert for a church activity. Charlotte is finally getting to that age where she can "help" me in the kitchen. Cooking/baking is one of my favorite activities, but a lot of the joy has been stripped out of it after having a child who always seems to be the whiniest when I'm in the kitchen. I'm so excited that Charlotte is getting to the age where she can be my cooking partner (even if it will be messier).
This picture reminded me of a quote by Barbara Kingsolver that says "Cooking is 80 percent confidence, a skill best acquired starting from when the apron strings wrap around you twice." I hope that we'll be able to create many fond memories of time in the kitchen. I think the kitchen is the heart of the home and is where my mom did her best teaching (and I'm not referring to teaching me how to cook).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Yummy. Those look good! I want one!
Laura,
She is such a cutie! I wish I could meet her! I hope that Elizabeth and I will have many fond memories in the kitchen as well! =)
So cute! I always loved cooking with the kids when I was babysitting, so I am sure it is even more fun with your own kids. They are just so excited about helping that is makes the whole process better.
Those look scrumptious! You are a great cook and I am so happy to see you and Charlotte having so much fun together. I remember many wonderful memories from the kitchen with my kiddos. Love Charlotte's apron too!
Ah, I miss the days when you were in the kitchen with me all wrapped up in apron strings. You also had me wrapped up in heart strings. These are the best days of your life, I'm so glad you're finding so much joy in them. I'll be sure to pull out the aprons when you're here in October. Looks like I need to get busy and make one Charlotte's size.
These treats were absolutely Delicious! I was so lucky to get to try them! I had no idea that the true secret ingredient was all the LOVE! :0)
~ Heather H
Post a Comment