Friday, May 22, 2009

I Heart Georgia

Adam just finished up his second year of podiatry school. We are now half way through. YAY! Originally we planned on hanging around the Cleveland area for Adam's week and a half break. After his last final, he came home and said we should go to Georgia. I jumped all over the offer! We drove down early Thursday morning and spent a week there.
Georgia is a lovely state. Actually, there is something just beautiful about the South. I did not appreciate the charisma of the South until I moved away from it. Southern hospitality is REAL! People in the South are so nice. Georgia is so green and warm. There is something rejuvenating about watching my parents chickens peck at the ground and going outside to pick a fresh head of lettuce from their garden for our dinner salad. By the way, I cannot wait until I have a yard where I can plant a garden and have a plethora of fresh vegetables at my fingertips! I told Adam that my heart belongs in the South. Even though I wasn't born there, I'll always consider myself a Southern girl.
Having a BBQ:
Papito and Charlie dancing:
Uncle Dito holding Charlotte. He thought she was a little heavy, but then again...he's pretty strong! ;)
Our last day there, Charlotte and I went with my mom to pick strawberries. Charlotte loved the strawberries. They were so juicy and very fun for her to squish!

10 comments:

Amber said...

I'm so glad you guys got to go to Georgia although we missed you like crazy! :) I can't wait to be able to have a garden too *sigh* one day... one day...

Larysa said...

It is funny to read this because I am the same way. I never thought of myself as a Southern girl until I moved away and realized how much I miss it. It really is a wonderful place to be and raise a family.

Erin Anderson said...

OH how fun! Charlotte gets cuter and cuter everyday!

Brittany and Marcin said...

amen!!! I'm all about the South. I love going back to visit any chance I get!!

Cassie said...

Oh my gosh! She is so stylin in her yellow top, sunglases, and pony tail! If only Hailey's hair would grow....oh well. I'm glad you guys had fun! I've been waiting for a post! I miss you.

Karen Nelson said...

I am so glad that y'all had such a great time. I am with you all the way when it comes to southern living and southern hospitality. I have lived in many places and nothing beats living in the south. I have never lived in Georgia but I know I love Texas and they are a lot alike.
And I love to see your dad and Chalotte dancing. Charlotte looks like the music is just speaking to her soul. What a doll she is!
One last comment, thanks for taking her strawberry picking. I did that with Adam when he was about her age and it was so great! He loved the strawberries too!
I loved picking things from our gardens and going to others' farms and picking or pulling out produce. We really need to try and have a small garden here.
Can't wait to see y'all! Lots of love! MiMi

Alison said...

I agree with everything you said about the south. I didn't think it was anything special until I went to BYU and there were no trees!

Karlene said...

You lil' ol' southern peach. I knew you were a girl after my own heart...you know you've had it for the last 22 years. I loved our time together and I miss you and your sweet family already. Thanks for spending your free time here with us. Let's get together and do it again real soon.

Wendy said...

I love all the pictures so much, but my two favs are Charlie and Nestor dancing!!! Made me want to dance and then this last one of three generations. What a beautiful picture and beautiful girls. Love you much.

Candi said...

Those strawberrys look so good! That looks like so much fun! Jealous